Saturday, January 8, 2011

Density Training Exercises

As mentioned in my previous post, I developed my Density Circuit with the following 5 exercises:
  • Explosive-Jump Squat
  • Quad Dominant-Front Squat alternating with Hip Dominant-Romanian Dead Lift
  • Push-Push Press
  • Pull-Bent Row
  • Core-Ab Rollout
I do 10-12 repetitions for each exercise working toward a load I can do within 1 minute sets.  My first try at this yielded 30 second sets, so I increased my weights and some of the exercises extended to 45 second sets.  Eventually, I found the weight for each exercise that allowed me to finish the 10-12 repetitions within the minute limit.  I moved through this circuit twice, totally a 10-minute session.  Until I feel comfortable with this particular group of exercises, I will stay with the 10-minute limit.

No comments: