Monday, January 24, 2011

Dynamic Warm-Up for January 24 - February 7

In the sidebar video, I have an example of a dynamic warm-up.  Although this warm-up is specific to field hockey, it could also be used as a general warm-up.  My warm-ups proceed a weight training session so I tend to do movements more similar to those movements.  For the next two weeks, I will do an adaptation from the Cardio Strength Training book by Coach Dos and use his body weight warm-up but instead of 5 repetitions, I will do 10 repetitions of each exercise.  These were highlighted in a previous post:
  • Alternating Lunges
  • Squat Jumps
  • Burpees
  • Push Ups
  • Side Squats
Last week I did some Density Workouts + Timed Sets (precursors to Tabatas) and will rotate out the Tabata and replace with the last phase of my Super Basic Kettlebell Workout (up to 60 seconds work and 20 seconds rest) and change the exercises in my Density Workouts.  I will review these in my upcoming posts.  Cardio will continue at 60/30 work/rest and may be offset by Tabata workouts periodically as I continue to rotate through new methods and techniques and measuring my success.

No comments: