Monday, February 16, 2009

My Goals for 2009

Well it has taken about 6 weeks for me to collect data and determine my readiness for accomplishing my goals for 2009. Now it is time to make the plan for meeting these goals. I am going to start with my overall long-term goals and then break them down into more manageable steps.
  • I want to lose 5 lbs and maintain that weight loss for 6 months (this means I have 4 months to accomplish this)
  • I want to be able to run a mile in 81/2 minutes
  • All of my "health" stats will be within normal range, if not, goals will be set to meet these within the course of the year.
  • I will get, at minimum, 8 hours of sleep a night 5 out of 7 days per week.
  • I will improve both my range of motion, flexibility, and strength (this need to be more specific)
That is probably enough for now. I may add to this or augment it in some way or as I start to make my goals SMART, change them. For the rest of the week, I will develop the SMART goal for each of the above and then move to my intermediate goals.

No comments: