Friday, February 13, 2009

Try Something New

Today I start my yoga class at the gym. I don't usually participate in group classes but I thought it would be a good idea to do a yoga class at least once a week to help with stretching and range of motion. Going to a class allows me to take a break from being active in the sense that the instructor leads me through the postures and helps identify technique issues. I can then use this information when I am on my own. A class provides some social interaction that I don't normally get when at the gym (I am a serious gym goer, not a social butterfly). Having a class to go to also helps to maintain a commitment to any activity. I am hoping to incorporate different activities to maintain my motivation and interest. I will evaluate today and decide if the class is appropriate for my goals--which I will be determining this week.

No comments: