Sunday, February 1, 2009

Staying Fit On Vacation

Traveling is always a challenge to those who want to stay healthy. I am visiting a friend in Florida this week and drove down in the course of two days (overnight camping). Because I didn't have any activity over those two days, I focused on eating right. In order to do so, I packed my cooler with food that was good for me and avoided the fast food temptation. In the evening at the campground, I did order out (pizza) but had a limited amount with a ton of salad. Luckily, where I am staying I have access to a fitness center for 3 days, walking trails, boogy boards, as well as bicycle rentals. So I plan to keep busy (as long as the weather permits) and continue to monitor my eating. I am also looking for a park/playground to do my "body weight" workouts when I don't have access to the fitness center. The only 2 days I need to preplan my eating is Superbowl Sunday and Thursday night wine tasting both events could lead to overeating. I hope we continue to have good weather but I have plans if the weather gets rainy.

No comments: