Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fridays Strength Workout

Since I did pushing and pulling movements on Monday and Wednesday so I finish the week with combination moves. Because these moves use both upper and lower body, I tend to use light weights (dumbbells) and slightly higher repetitions. Here are the exercises which I do in a circuit doing 1 set of 20 repetitions.

  1. Pull-Up with Leg Raises
  2. Step-Up/Curl/Press
  3. Romanian Dead Lift/Row/Triceps Kickback
  4. Front Wood Chopper (incorporates squat and pullover)/Triceps Extensions
  5. Dead Lift/Plank/Push-Up
  6. Reverse Lunge/Shoulder Press
The exercises above hit all the major muscles and use combination moves for more efficiency. Again, I will use volume to measure progress (which may mean adding another round of the circuit). You have probably noticed that I don't do much specific abdominal work in any of these workouts. Since these moves tend to need stabilization to perform, I am getting a good amount of abdominal work but to makes sure I work more of my core, I will move these exercises to my "interval" days on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

No comments: