Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Adjustments Help

I made a few adjustments to my recovery time and it worked well - both HR for my intervals on the stairmaster and my running came down to management ranges. My plan is to keep both the intervals and the running twice a week (rather than 3 times) and do one or two longer, slower cardio sessions. I am also changing my glute workouts so that I work each phase for 2 weeks versus 1 week to allow for a gradual increase in workload. I wasn't capable of doing it without hurting myself in that amount of time. Another place for recover is sleep; I noticed since the weather is better and I am doing more physical work outside I am sleeping better. I may need to go to bed a little early to compensate for this additional output. My weight is back in its normal range after having some increase in salt and fat last week. I will work on maintenance for the next few weeks--not too many changes--to allow my body to get used to a new workout, increased sleep, and better nutrition. Then I can consider any further modifications.

No comments: