Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cardio Seems to Be Improving

My cardio seems to be improving -- my heart rate is well within my aerobic range and I continue to increase the level of intensity. So I think I am on the right track for now, making small improvements each week and seeing my heart rate become more efficient. Since I moved my running to 3 days a week I am more likely to reach my 8:30 goal prior to the end of the year and because I am running a little longer (20 versus 10 minutes) I am also getting some endurance work. The change in the interval program also extends my time slightly. My guess is I may have to manipulate my intervals from time to time (there are many, many ways to do interval work) and there are plenty of routines out there for me to chose from so I don't think will be a big issue over the next couple of months. My new circuit actually produced some mild soreness so I probably made the right decision to increase the weights on the 2nd and 3rd rounds after the 1st round warm-up. I have been able to maintain the water consumption and did manage to bypass "treats" yesterday so I think my nutritional goals are reasonable--we will see how the rest of the week progresses.

No comments: