Saturday, April 4, 2009

There's No Free Lunch

I didn't find too much to complain about with breakfast but lunch is a different story. I usually start off well -- usually leftover grilled meat plus a large salad and fresh fruit. On occasion, if I make either tuna or possibly egg salad, I will add 1/2 a pita. Then there are the days I have chips -- I know, really bad stuff -- luckily, I like the reduced fat chips so no trans fat and the calorie count is reasonable if you maintain portion control (which most the time I can). One problem I have is after lunch I may have 2 small cookies or a small cup of ice cream. If I do this once or twice a week, I think you can off-set the splurge by being good the rest of the time. So, my goal is to keep my "treats" to a maximum of twice a week. I can increase treats if I don't include chips with my meal. Another item to look at decreasing is diet cola. I will trade out a couple of diet sodas per week with either ice tea or milk. Next up, dinner time!

No comments: