Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Great Glutes

This week I will start the attack from the "rear" strategy and work on my back side for the next few weeks. I am using a routine from Oxygen Magazine and will make necessary adjustments to suit my needs. Phase One is building muscle by using supersets. Today I did the following supersets: Hanging Leg Raises/Squat; Machine hamstring culr/Stiff-legged deadlift; stability ball hamstring curls/Leg press. All exercises are done with 3 sets of 8-10 reps with moderately heavy weight. Since it is the first time with this workout I will start with a warm-up set and then see how much I can manage with the next 2 sets of 8-10. I will do this workout again on Thursday and then a final session on Saturday or Sunday. Week 2 will be something completely somewhat different-I will move to "giant" sets. Additionally, I have dropped yoga class on Sundays (I didn't care for the instructor) and will now be doing yoga on my own Monday/Wednesday with a class on Friday. As you can see, I modify whenever I feel like it. This may not work for everyone, but it keeps me more interested and motivated.

No comments: