Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting Bored Again!

Well, I have been doing my marine workout now for about 3 weeks and have reached a plateau -- I can't move up more (I am doing 6-8 reps after a warm-up set) with the exercises/weight I am doing now. This means I need to move on to another type of strength work-out. I collect work-outs from websites, magazines, and books so that when I need a new one I can just pick one out. I think I will try a workout that emphasizes my glutes and hamstrings as I have very stronger quads and my rear end is starting to sag as I age. I will preview that workout with you next week. My cardio workouts are going well and my running is progressing faster than I thought after changing the routine. So, I should be able to meet my goal of an 8:30 mile by the end of the year. The extension of my intervals and a different routine contributed to the ease of my running times. Next week my intervals will all be at the next highest level -- I will then evaluate to see if I need to rework this or stay the course -- I will use my heart monitor for both types of cardio workouts to make sure I am not over training. I have been remiss on my stretching and need to regain some focus there. Tomorrow's weekly review will go over how I managed with a slight injury this week and still kept my workout on target.

No comments: