Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dinner Time

Actually, dinner isn't the hardest meal for me. Grilled meat, fish or poultry plus a vegetable and a salad are fairly standard. My issue is before and after dinner. I don't usually snack but when I do it is salty (pretzels or peanuts) with a drink (bourbon, please!). Most of the time, it is just the drink and no snack and I have a glass of ice tea alongside my drink to keep me from drinking it too quickly. After dinner, depending on what I ate earlier I may indulge in ice cream but usually not. Overall, I need to tweak my meals and include some healthier snacks so I don't feel the need to have too many sweets. My alcohol consumption is well within range so I don't want to eliminate all pleasures so I will keep this but work on removing the salty items. If I want to lose an additional 10 lbs, I may have to up my cardio and lean down the menus so I can maintain the muscle and lose the fat. If my weight loss doesn't happen, I will be looking at my body composition more closely to see if my weight is changing more to lean muscle and less fat--which is probably better than just losing the 5 lbs. Next week I will revamp my menus and tweak my workout once again so I can stay on track to reach my 2009 goals.

No comments: