Friday, January 2, 2009

Fitness for 2009

I decided to change up my emphasis on my blog entries. Not only will I provide general fitness information but I will chronicle my fitness programming for 2009. I will be teaching a wellness class in the spring and will use the tools and strategies from that class to guide me through 2009. With that in mind, I started off by evaluating my readiness for a fitness lifestyle. I answered three different surveys to identify my current psychological status. The first assessment identifies where I am in behavior change related to fitness. I am currently in the maintenance stage; I have incorporated my new fitness behaviors and my goals are to 1) Sustain and strengthen my new behaviors, 2) Overcome feelings of being deprived, 3) Keep a commitment to my new lifestyle, and 4) Help someone else. The other two assessments helped me identify obstacles to maintaining a fitness lifestyle and the couple of areas I need to be aware of are 1) how injuries may affect my fitness and 2) travel/vacations. These two areas could cause a lapse in my routine and need to be addressed when they occur. With all of this information, I am ready psychologically to move ahead to the next step in my evaluation, an assessment of my physical status to address any risk factors and to determine the limits and/or direction of my training.

No comments: