Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Knowing Preferences Will Help You Succeed

Since I have been working out for many, many years, I have come to know my exercise personality but if you are new to structured exercise or haven't re-evaluated your preferences the following surveys may prove to be helpful:

  • What's Your Exercise Personality? I tend to be structured and organized so maintaining a fitness program is too difficult. The do indicate I may want to add some variety to my activities.
  • The Exercise Personality Quiz. I am enjoy group activities, seek some adventure, learning new skills but not too competitive.
  • Exercise Personality Quiz (2). They put me into the "inspirational" category. I enjoy serving as the catalyst for motivating others. They suggest I focus on dual-purpose activities and they also encourage some quiet time and some slower paced leisure time. The find that an obstacle for me may be my less than enthusiastic response to those critical of my exercise performance.
  • Fitness Type: They gave me the label "Fitness Trendster" stating that I like to keep up with all the new techniques/equipment put forth by "star" trainers.
Remember, the above information is just for you to use in constructing your own workout and help you determine the most likely activities you will enjoy. If you do something you enjoy, you are more likely to keep at it. So get out and have fun!

No comments: