Sunday, January 18, 2009

How to Add Physical Activity

I reviewed my activity log for the week and it reveals some issues--1) most days, I am only active for the time I am at the gym -- usually 30 minutes of cardio and 15-20 minutes of either resistance training or core work, 2) about 4-5 days a week I manage to get in a walk in the afternoon -- about 2 miles or 30-40 minutes, 3) the rest of the day I am sitting (driving the car, reading, using the computer, watching a DVD, eating). I also see that I don't spend enough time on range of motion or flexibility work. With all of this data, I plan to integrate more physical activity throughout my day (a chore circuit, parking further from the grocery store, going to the bathroom on the opposite floor), add some more walking, add a short stretching session at the gym and after walks, as well as add a yoga class on Fridays. This will take some effort so I will try and add only on item every other week to make sure I incorporate the activity for the most efficiency.

No comments: