Thursday, October 14, 2010

Still Struggling with RSS

Although I have a Feedburner account through Google and Blogger provides RSS software, I still have trouble understanding how to use it to my advantage.  I can see how the normal posts appear on a RSS newsreader but my embedded podcasts will not play on that format.  I realize now that I show be using the enclosure links.  That way my podcasts will feed on their own (I think).  So, I will attempt to do a test podcast this weekend and use the enclosure link function and then check my Feedburner account.  My technical goal for next week is to go through the Feedburner site and complete the set-up for my blog.  In an effort to change over from my website to my blog, I removed my LiveSpaces site and linked my Blogger site instead.  I realize by linking to my blog I don't get the benefit of "changing" content but I am planning on terminating my Microsoft account when it comes up for renewal in January 2011.  By that time, I will have changed over all my marketing efforts to the Blogger address.  If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to comment.

No comments: