Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Life is Hectic - What To Do?

I have been remiss in my posting because of my new part-time job (which does have homework!) plus trying to schedule some of the classes offered through area sponsors.  Last week I continued to transition by doing the same body weight circuits I did the first week and adding the next cardio strength training complex.  This is the final barbell complex and it is difficult because of the overhead squat.  I will continue this week with the same complex that I do with my cardio intervals as my workout partner needs me at the gym on days when I don't work.  On the days I do work, I am doing a 10-exercise timed circuit developed by the Cosgroves (Alwyn and Rachel) plus some additional glute and hamstring exercises (I need to work on balance--I have a forward pelvic tilt) plus a round of tabata on the stationary bicycle.  Some days I will do a walk/run but that will probably be reduced to 2-3x per week.  The barbel complex I am doing is the following:
  • High Pull
  • Hang and Clean
  • Push/Press
  • Hang and Snatch
  • Overhead Squat
  • Romanian Dead Lift
  • Barbell Rollout
I will give more information about the alternating workouts in my next post and hopefully a review of my kettlebell metabolic workout.

No comments: